mauldinphotography.com

Monday, March 2, 2009

Katrina & Jamie


I photographed Katrina and Jamie's wedding in Paragould on Saturday. They have been together 7 years already. The wedding they planned was a fun day for family and friends. It is obvious that both are very important to them. And for all my duck-hunting grooms this year - check out Jamie's duck band wedding band. How cool is that?

What started out as a little misty rain, ended up being blizzard-like blowing snow by the beginning of the ceremony. I think there must have been at least 4 inches on the ground by the time I left the reception. We are thinking that is the same as rain and should bring them good luck! The ceremony and reception were at Swindle's Cabin, which is a gorgeous property. Too bad we couldn't really use any of the scenery for their portraits. None of us could brave the snow and cold temperatures long enough.

Here are my faves from the day:

Don't you just want to pinch those cheeks!

She was just not happy all day....

And Chandler was just funny. He'd say "now don't take my picture", and then do something cute where I would take his picture. Camera ham, clearly!


After the pastor called Katrina "Kertina" about six times, it just got to be funny to everybody...including the happy couple.





I don't think Jamie trusted Katrina with that big piece of cake!

And as you can see my advice for everyone to think "tropical" worked so well! Don't they look cold. Thanks to Casey's husband for being my designated umbrella holder and trying to keep me somewhat dry. You rock, man!

By this point in the day the snow was really coming down and from every possible direction. But a very beautiful sight.


Katrina and Jamie, thanks so much for including me in your wedding day. It was great to meet you and your family. I wish you a lifetime of love. Your gallery should post by this coming weekend! - Cheryl

No comments: