mauldinphotography.com

Monday, March 9, 2009

2009 SEC Women's Basketball Tournament

It's no secret that I am a women's basketball fanatic. March Madness is my favorite time of year and my TV rarely leaves ESPN or Fox Sports. So, I am always super happy when the Women's SEC Tournament plays locally at Alltel Arena. I was lucky enough this past weekend to actually have free time to go, and see most of the games. Of course, my favorite part were the Tennessee games. It was awesome to sit right behind the Tennessee bench and be so close to the action. I always had guesses of what the time-out speeches were like...now I know!



Auburn head coach, Nell Fortner


Carolyn Peck, former College and WNBA coach, now a commentator for ESPN

Rebecca Lobo, former WNBA player and ESPN analyst

Championship game Vanderbilt vs. Auburn






2009 SEC Champs - Vanderbilt

The Agony of Defeat


Coach Melanie Balcomb cuts down the net after the big win


All in all a great week of basketball. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a championship win for Tennessee. But there is always next year! - Cheryl

No comments: