mauldinphotography.com

Monday, June 1, 2009

Ashley + Michael e-session



I met Ashley and Michael in Memphis last week to shoot their engagement portraits. I was looking forward to this session and getting to know them more. The more time I spend with them, the more I like them. Ashley had a great idea to begin at Tom Lee park where they met, but the city has not quite put it back together after Memphis in May:-( But, we found some other great locations. We spent the evening shooting on Beale Street and the downtown warehouse district. Here are some of my faves:

When I met with Ashley and Michael for their consultation, they had this idea for recreating the famous war photo of the soldier in Times Square kissing the woman. Michael is in the Airforce and Ashley is a nurse - so here is their modern day version. Pretty cool!

And this is Michael's re-enactment of the famous scene from An Officer and A Gentlemen! LOL The funny thing about this pose was a group of women who began watching our shoot and started taking pictures with their cameras and cell phones. They had no idea who Ashley and Michael were, but they were sure their kids would know. LOL












The very last shot of the evening and one of my favorites!

I had so much fun with you guys. I can't wait for your wedding! - Cheryl

No comments: