mauldinphotography.com

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ashley & Michael Got Married!

This was the wedding that almost didn't happen. Secret is that Michael lost her telephone number after they met, and had to get it from her mother. Good thing he had a connection. LOL I cannot say enough how much I LOVE this couple. I met Ashley and Michael at the beginning of the year when they were trying to put their wedding plans back together, and was just touched by their story. We had an incredible engagement session in Memphis back in early summer and just last month shot Ashley's Bridal session in Collierville. I have been looking forward to their wedding day all year. Ashley and Michael got married on September 26th at the Union Avenue Baptist Church in Memphis. After I edited their images, I picked my favorites. I had to scale down this post from 250 favorites. LOL This is truly a story about love conquers all. Great wedding day with an awesome couple, and here are my very favorite images:







I love Ashley's bridal portraits. She is so photogenic!


The girls having fun before the ceremony.


Ashley's future nephew. Who says you can't look sexy when you are pregnant?

This was one excited groom. Michael could barely sit still all day with the anticipation and emotions.


And I had to direct this solemn look because all day Michael just had this big smile on his face.


My favorite shot of the guys. We had the most beautiful weather for their wedding day, and I love the blue skies above the guys looking all cool.


The Chapel at Union Avenue Baptist Church.



The first time Ashley saw Michael on her wedding day.


I love a family that can have fun together.





This is my favorite portrait of Ashley and Michael together after the ceremony.

LOL. The guys teased Michael that carrying her shoes was just the beginning. But, he did it with a smile!

Off to the reception at the Balinese Ballroom. I just love the look of a couple in love.


Just a sweet moment between Michael and his Mom, Jennifer, during their dance.

And, then the wedding cake smackdown. LOL

We snuck away from the reception for a few moments to capture these intimate images. They may be my favorite images of them together from the whole day.



The last dance. The DJ cleared the room and gave them a private moment. So sweet!


I love this portrait. Reminds me of an old movie. Perfect timing with the Memphis trolley.

Dress: Low's Bridal
Tux: Guy's Tuxedo's
Brides Maid's dresses: All About Weddings (901) 755-1358
Flowers: Paula Payton/ Payton Perfect Designs (901) 503-4287
Bouquets and Boutonnieres: Charese Feliciano Designs
Wedding Cake: Carrie McDonald
Grooms Cake: Carrie McDonald
Reception Venue and Caterer: www.balineseballroom.com/
DJ: Diamond Entertainment
Church: Union Avenue Baptist Church

Ashley and Michael, I cannot thank you enough for including me on your wedding day. We had so much fun spending the day with you and your family and friends. You guys are truly blessed, and it was touching to see all the love that you have for each other and that you are surrounded by. I hope this was the wedding of your dreams. I am so glad that I met you both. Wishing you nothing but love and success in your futures. - Cheryl
Link to Ashley's bridal fashion session in Collierville
Link to Ashley and Michael's wedding day images
Link to Ashley and Michael's reception images

No comments: