mauldinphotography.com

Friday, May 22, 2009

Devin & Stephen's Wedding



I drove down to Monroe last weekend to photograph Devin and Stephen's wedding at Austin's by the River. Oh my gosh what a wonderful location, 1800's building with all this great woodwork and stained glass. Just beautiful. Devin and Stephen are a couple with style, they just have a presence. I just loved being around them. They planned the wedding after the things they love, and what makes them unique, which I always think is cool. The wedding was to be a fun party for family and friends, and I think I can say mission accomplished. And, man can this family cook - excellent Italian feast at the reception! There may be a few more images in this post, because I really, really had a hard time narrowing down my favorites.

Justin and his infamous Freeze It. Four words...rock star hair stylist.












My absolute favorite image of Devin.

Devin's beautiful daughter, Makayla

Brody - don't you just want to kiss those cheeks? He and I bonded, I tried to pack him in my suitcase to bring him home with me.



The guys say this should be a CD cover for a Christian rock band. LOL




Props to Jonathan Baldwin, who played some very cool music all night. You rock, man.

So, the wedding party comes down the spiral staircase, then everyone kind of looks around like, 'where's the preacher?' Then Will steps out and marries them. He got ordained just for the occasion.

The wedding paparazzi. LOL


Devin found this book, Offbeat Bride, when she was searching for DIY tips. The book written by Ariel is proclaimed as the brides taffeta-free alternative.

The wedding cake was a margarita cheesecake, with a unique cake topper fitting to the couple.

It all started so innocently and politely...


Cheesecake...not so easy to get out of your hair!

What's a party without Rockband?

The Navy buddies show off their matching tattoos

"I've fallen and can't get up." Poor Devin, was so tired at the end of the night.

Probably my favorite of the couple.

Devin and Stephen, thank you so much for hiring me. I have really enjoyed getting to know you both. Your wedding was so much fun for me. Ariel would be proud, you were definitely tafetta-free. LOL Hope you had a blast with Mickey. You gallery will post here. - Love and peace, Cheryl

No comments: