mauldinphotography.com

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vegas Day 1


On Sunday I flew to Vegas for a couple of photo shoots and to attend WPPI. I was looking forward to warmer weather, but you will see in later photos that so far that hasn't happened. And except for a really frustrating 2 hour experience with the rental car company, it's been a great trip so far. I thought a reservation meant you held a car for me...I'm just saying.

Here is the view from my room at the MGM Grand overlooking the Strip:


On my first full day here I drove up to Red Rock Canyon to scout a location for one of the Bridal sessions. I thought that was a good idea, but found myself in the middle of a snow storm. The white streaks in this image are gigantic snow flakes falling.


My first trip out to Red Rock Canyon was hampered by the cloudy skies, fog and snow. I couldn't get the full sense of the beauty of the Canyon with the mountain tops covered in clouds. But did find some interesting scenes along the drive.



On my first day of WPPI I had inspiring classes with JB and Deette Sallee and Doug Gordon. I hope to take away from this week some inspiration and knowledge that will take my wedding photography to the next level. I also found the perfect locations for the two photo shoots scheduled for this week. Look for those images to post in the next couple of days. - Cheryl

Brittany, Hannah and Lindsay - I miss you guys! -Mom

No comments: