mauldinphotography.com

Monday, September 29, 2008

Miss Heartland of the South pageant

Ok....breaking news... I may be ready to admit that I might possibly be a "pageant Mom"! Those of you who know me, know that is a painful confession. Following years of vehement denial. Britt competed in Miss Heartland of the South this past weekend. She's been competing for three or four years and ALWAYS I am supportive and so proud of her, disappointed when she has an off night, and sitting right up front to cheer her on. However, still I denied being a "pageant Mom". So that's probably over now!

Yes, I know what double-sided tape is for and all the places you can put it. Body glue - yep. Hemorrhoid cream - yes, I know all the places you would use it and why (other than the obvious, of course!). I think my acceptance of being a pageant mom came when I looked around Saturday night and recognized people. By that I mean, I recognized former queens and competitors. Recognized people in the audience by how they were related to competitors or former queens. Recognized previous judges or executive directors of other pageants. I was trying to figure out how the competition was going by the percentage of score for the phase of competition. Then it hit me.....OMG! I am a pageant Mom!

I know some of you are laughing now! It's ok, I've accepted it and have now moved on. As always, I was so proud of Britt. Beautiful and graceful - she is the epitome of what the pageant system wants and represents. It was a great competition with some very beautiful and talented young ladies - both divisions! I know the judges must have had a hard time. In the end Britt won the Crowd Favorite award and First Runner-up! Yea for Britt! Kristen Heuck won the title of Miss Heartland of the South. And, Ashley Roacho won Teen Miss Heartland of the South. So I have moved from being Britt's #1 fan (sorry Alex - yes I am the #1 fan!) to being an official pageant Mom!

Enjoy some photos from the night:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, congrats Brit!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you punkin.
Love you Dad