mauldinphotography.com

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family Portrait Specials This Weekend!

As you may know, October is officially Family Portrait Month. The perfect time of year to update your family portrait. Either because it's just time...or maybe you want a nice gift for family at Christmas. Photo Christmas Cards are a very personal and special way to spread some Christmas cheer.

October 4th and 5th, Mauldin Photography is partnering with Harris Hospital Senior Circle to sponsor Family Portrait Weekend. Sessions are by appointment only. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Senior Circle and another portion will benefit Operation Smile.

Operation Smile's volunteer medical professionals travel around the world to treat children suffering from facial deformities. Their efforts mean new smiles for thousands of children. You have probably seen the prime time TV special with Roma Downey and Jessica Simpson featuring some recent mission work. The stories of these children are just heartbreaking. But the surgical care donated by the medical professionals is absolutely life-changing for these children. This is my second year to participate in the Professional Photographers of America campaign to support Operation Smile. As a parent and a nurse, this charity is very near and dear to my heart. This organization is truly changing the lives of children, one smile at a time.

Courtesy of the Operation Smile website, this is Arnoldo's story:
"Just five years old and already I know about rejection, denial and disappointment. It's a hard lesson for a child like me whose only desire is to be normal. Through no fault of my own, I was born with a disfiguring cleft lip. Outside of our home, my mother says I would duck and cover my head since it hurt me so much to be stared at. I love to play baseball though, and it took a lot of courage for me to join the other village kids when they played because of how much they teased me.

Every night before going to bed, I would get on my knees and pray for a miracle that would make me look just like all the other kids. My prayers were answered. During the Operation Smile medical mission to Barinas, Venezuela, I was one of more than 160 children selected for surgery. When my father saw me in the recovery room, he said, "I feel joy, much joy. I thank all the doctors. May they keep performing this good work, not only for my child, but for all the children who need it."
Arnoldo before and after (copyright Operation Smile and the photographer who created both images):



Our portrait special this weekend includes the session fee, 16 wallets, 4 - 5x7s, 2 - 8x10s and 6 holiday photo cards for $120.00. That is $85 off the regular price! Other products will be available, as well as opportunities for a larger package. You can schedule an appointment by calling Margaret at 870-512-3030. Payment is due in full at the time of your session. Portrait weekend is hosted by Senior Circle in the Community Room at Harris Hospital on Saturday, October 4th from 9am to 6 pm and Sunday, October 5th from 1pm to 6pm. I promise not to keep you long - I know everyone is busy and lots of community activities are going on this weekend. But, seriously, isn't it time for a new family portrait?

Hope to see you all there! It's a great way to support two great organizations and mark off a few Christmas gifts from your shopping list! I personally know that grandparents love portraits of the little ones! There are currently thousands of children with facial deformities, just like Arnoldo. You can help provide one more child with a smile. Call Margaret today at 870-512-3030 to schedule your session!

To find out more about other ways you can help Operation Smile, or to read more about the children's lives they have touched, visit the official Operation Smile website. - Cheryl

No comments: