mauldinphotography.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jan & Jason




This past weekend I photographed Jan & Jason's wedding. I was really excited about booking this wedding. Jan was a preschool teacher when both of my youngest daughters went to Under the Rainbow. Lindsay even cried on her preschool graduation day because she would have to leave "Ms. Jan" to go to kindergarten. It was also a chance to work with two of my favorite local vendors, Daisies & Such and MJ's. They got married at the Depot, which is one of my favorite places. I just love the Historic Downtown Newport area.

I was more than a little concerned about the weather, since Hurricane Ike was surely headed our direction. We had planned a lot of outdoor photography, and heavy rain and wind was not going to fit into our plans. Even though at times you could feel a few sprinkles and it was so unbelieavably hot and humid - we actually made through without heavy rain or wind. So they got a little rain on their wedding day for good luck, and we still managed to have all our outdoor time!

I was even in on a little surprise for Jan from Jason! Don't you just love having a secret!

I enjoyed this weddnig so much. Working at home means you practically know everyone there. But mostly it was just so much fun working with Jan and Jason, meeting all their family, and watching how excited they were about this day. I had a really hard time narrowing down my favorite images, but wanted to share a preview with you.







The wedding day was all about family and close friends. From the intimate setting, to the special gifts Jan & Jason selected for their Moms and friends - everything about the day was to honor each other and the people they love. There were lots of happy tears!


There's nothing like a beautiful bride to photograph - it makes my job so easy! (Thanks for letting us use the car, Jerry!)












Jason used this box for Jan's engagement ring when he proposed...awww...






And, then the party! (Catering by MJ's, Flowers by Daisies & Such, and cake by Melanie Hutchinson)








The whole gallery should post over this coming weekend! Jan & Jason thank you so much for including me in your wedding day! You guys are awesome! - Cheryl

No comments: