mauldinphotography.com

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Joi & Terry



I got a phone call a few months ago from a couple in Dallas looking for a photographer for their wedding. That's how this all started. Seems Joi actually grew up in Jonesboro, met a guy from Caruthersville, Missouri, and now lives in Dalls. Her mother lives in Newport and as we got to talking, her mother was actually my daughter's fifth grade teacher...talk about a small world. So, anyway, Joi wanted to come back home to get married and be with family and old friends. So even though we had never met, I was looking forward to photographing Joi.

We got to the church on Friday afternoon for rehearsal in the absolute pouring rain! But out of the car bounces this beaming young lady with the "bride" t-shirt. As it turns out, Joi is the sweetest, most down-to-earth person you could ever hope to meet. I had lots of fun getting to know her and hanging out with her on Saturday. Absolutely nothing was going to break her spriit. This wedding day was about family and friends, which always make it a stress-free, enjoyable wedding to photograph.

Joi was just a gorgeous, classy bride:



I think Terry had a big smile on his face all day long.

This wedding party really knew how to have fun!


The ceremony was just beautiful.


And, Kristian brought down the house with her rendition of "At Last!" Girl, I know you are holding out for Tyra and America's Next Top Model....but you should give American Idol a thought! This girl can sing!







As a photographer, there are lots of receptions throughout the year. But, I have to say this reception at the 501 Club has been one of my favorites. Wedding days are long days with usually no meals after breakfast, which means usually munching on celery or carrot sticks at some point toward the end of the reception. But as the party wound down I sampled some of the fare, and have to say this was the best reception food of my 2008. So for my Jonesboro brides who may not have decided on a reception venue, I highly recommend the ambience, service and food at the 501! On another note, part of what made it so much fun, was that everyone there was just plain having a good time. Check out the four-layer, four-flavor wedding cake by Donna Thomas - which tasted just as good as it looked!





Joi and Terry - thank you for hiring me to photograph your wedding. I am so glad that I met you both. Your families are just awesome and I feel blessed to have been part of your big day! Be safe traveling back home to Dallas! - Cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dearest Joi,

You were so beautiful. I am sorry that I was unable to attend. I can truly tell from the pictures that Mr. Terry was sent from God. May God richly bless your marriage and give you long life together.

Love and Blessings,
Auntie Zadie

Anonymous said...

My beautiful,sweet Joi,
You were simply elegant classy and oh so beautiful! I wish for you and Terry joy and happiness unspeakable.
Love,Auntie Frances

Anonymous said...

Dear Bri,
Looks like you've found someone deserving to hold your hand.[SMILE}This is evident that you did do a superb job ...holding your own hand... as you endeavored to persue mountains that seemed unreachable to others and at its peak you found "JOY" [Terry and JOI]. Thanks Terry for making my niece a very happy young lady!! Welcome to the FAMILY!!!!Love Auntie Sue and Lynn's Uncle San

Anonymous said...

Dear Bri,
Looks like you've found someone deserving to hold your hand.[SMILE}This is evident that you did do a superb job ...holding your own hand... as you endeavored to persue mountains that seemed unreachable to others and at its peak you found "JOY" [Terry and JOI]. Thanks Terry for making my niece a very happy young lady!! Welcome to the FAMILY!!!!Love Auntie Sue and Lynn's Uncle San