mauldinphotography.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Callie & Adam




Okay, maybe because it's because I am not very superstitious....or maybe it's just because I don't like to load the equipment in the pouring rain...but, I am never very excited to wake up on a wedding day to rain. And, even though they say that rain on your wedding day brings good luck, I would always rather have sunny skies. But, weddings take place rain or shine. Sautrday morning for Callie and Adam, we started out with pouring rain and thunderstorms!

I met Callie & Adam at wedding rehearsal on Friday night. I usually have met with the bride and the couple a few times before the wedding, and know their whole love story. So, this was different for me. I kind of stepped in at the last minute when their photographer had an emergency. Becki, thanks for calling me!

I met Callie and her friends at the salon, to capture all the "getting ready" action. This was actually lots of fun, and there was even a Captain & Tenille moment that broke out toward the end from Beth and Callie! If you are in the Jonesboro area and in need of salon treatments, check out Jennifer's place, Friends and Company, on Market Place. It is a pretty awesome place. By the time hair and make-up were all finished, the rain had almost stopped.







Callie & Adam had dated for four years, after being introduced by a mutual friend. From what I hear, the introduction was almost two years in coming - but I bet they would both agree it was worth the wait. They are just a precious couple, you can tell they are very much in love. Adam had this look of excitement all day long. Awww.... It was impossible to take a bad photograph of either of them, because they are just so photogenic!
That's the priceless look of a groom seeing his beautiful bride for the first time:



I love it when I can catch those random moments with the little girls in the wedding party. Isn't she just cute as a button?


The decor for the wedding was awesome, thanks to Dad and Posey Peddler. Of course, Becki and lots of other family and friends spent tons of time decorating both the church and the reception hall. It was really just perfect. The ceremony was complete with tears at the end. And, you could just see on their faces it was the perfect day.











And, there's nothing like having to cut your way into the truck while being pelted with rice:-)


Callie & Adam, thank you for including me on your wedding day. I had so much fun photographing you guys and meeting your family and friends. I wish you a lifetime of love! Have fun at Disney World! Your gallery will post over the weekend. - Cheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Cheryl! You are the best! Thank you so very much for stepping in for Jerry Tubbs and doing an awesome job! Yes, we were so disappointed that Jerry couldn't photograph the wedding but, you will NOT hear a complaint about these works of art from us. You truly saved Callie's wedding day. You have given Callie and Adam a "forever" memory. The photographs are stunning and beautiful.
Thank you so very much!
Tim and Becki

Mauldin Photography said...

Thank you very much! I was glad to be able to step in. I'm really glad that you all love them! - Cheryl