mauldinphotography.com

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Engagement Sessions


People are always asking why are engagement sessions so important? Everyone now has a digital camera and family or friends have managed to snap a really good shot of the two of you together. Why can't we just use that for our newspaper announcement?

The answer is that you can do that. However, the importance of an engagement session with your wedding photographer serves more purposes than just to provide you with an announcement portrait. I include an engagement session with every one of my pre-designed wedding packages. And, I do that for very good reasons.

This is a time for me to get to know the two of you, and for you to get to know me. This time together is much more important than just the hour or two we'll spend together. I observe how the two of you interact with each other, and learn ways to enhance your wedding day portraits by looking for those cues. I will also study your engagement portraits after that day to look for your best attributes, that I can showcase in your wedding portraits.

This session is one of the building blocks for the rapport we'll have on your wedding day. I want you to be relaxed with me around taking hundreds of portraits on your wedding day. It's really important that I'm not a stranger to you on your wedding day, in order for me to captialize on your personalities and the special things about your relationship.

Engagement sessions are scheduled on location, and you can suggest your favorite one. Places that are special to you, will make your portraits more meaningful. I like to have fun, and nothing if off-limits. I want your session to be about you - the romance, your personalities, and your relationship. So let your imagination run wild. Unless you are very formal in your everyday life, I suggest casual attire. You will feel more comfortable dressing as you normally do; and your portraits will reflect you more naturally. Sometimes the location will dictate what you should wear.

In the end, you'll have a beautiful DVD slideshow set to music that showcases the two of you, in love, and taking that next step in your lives. But, also in the end, I will know more about the two of you, what makes your relationship special, what you have gone through to get to this point in your lives, and how to make you feel comfortable on your wedding day. I can also email your favorite portrait to your local newspaper to use as your engagement announcement, if you still need one.

So, here's the deal. Try us out with your engagement portraits. When you are thrilled with the results, book your wedding - then take $200 off the cost of the wedding package! Call today to book your engagement session and let's talk about your wedding photography! 870-219-6504 - Cheryl

No comments: