mauldinphotography.com

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Little Rock on a Saturday evening


I very rarely get time all to myself, or time to spend doing something completely non-productive. It seems like I have been working non-stop for months. Softball / baseball season means four to five nights a week at the ball park, so I was looking forward to a little time away from work. I drove down to Little Rock Saturday afternoon to pick up framing supplies. In sort of planning my day, I knew that I wanted to see the Junction Bridge, since I missed opening day. An afternoon just walking around taking photographs seemed like the perfect way to spend a hot Saturday evening.

So with all my shopping and errands over I drove down to the River Market. It was so packed downtown. I didn't think I would ever just find a parking space. It was really a great way to spend late afternoon and watch the sun set from the Bridge. I actually ended up spending about two hours enjoying the view and activity of Junction Bridge. It was great to see so many people enjoying the Bridge in so many different way. There were people walking, cycling, operating remote control cars, skateboarding, watching the sun set, and photographers grabbing the sunset.


I was really glad that Mother Nature cooperated with a gorgeous sunset for my evening of photography. And, right on cue at the end of the evening, the Arkansas Queen sailed into the city skyline.

All in all, it was a perfect ending to the day - I got a little downtime, met a really nice couple on the bridge, and talked a little shop with a fellow photographer. Why do weekends fly by so quickly? - Cheryl

No comments: